Camp Goodtimes on the Road Additional Information
- CAMP GOODTIMES ON THE ROAD - Check in time is at
at the Fireside Lounge, RCC Hunters Woods.
- Ages: Parents must register children by age group, determined by the date of birth as of the first day of camp. The Camp Administrator reserves the right to assign campers to other camp age groups depending on maturity level.
- Camp Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Zen Zone, an after care program, will be available at RCC Hunters Woods for a nominal additional fee). Registration required.
- Camp Sessions: Camp is organized as five, one-week sessions for ease of registration. Each weekly session has its own unique theme and an example of possible field trip destinations is provided below. A detailed itinerary will be provided prior to each camp start date.
- Camp Location: Campers will be dropped off at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods each day at 9 a.m. and must be picked up by 4 p.m. unless they are registered to participate in Zen Zone.
- Lunch/Snacks: Parents must pack a bag lunch and drink, one mid-morning and one mid afternoon snack, and a filled water bottle for their child(ren) each day. Please do not pack items that require refrigeration as there is not adequate refrigerated storage available. Disposable items are encouraged so that campers will not need to carry bulky lunch boxes each day.
- Parent/ Camper Packets: A Parent/Camper Packet will be available online coming soon. If hard copies of the forms are needed, please contact Debbie Heron, Director of Youth Programs/Camp Administrator, at 703-390-6163.
- Camp Fee: Includes transportation, admissions, and camp t-shirt.
- Camper Gear: Campers should bring a backpack that supports their bag lunch and a change of clothes. Campers are also welcome to bring a book to read on the bus if they so desire. No small electronics, please, as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Please direct all Camp Goodtimes questions/comments to Debbie Heron, Youth Program Director, at Deborah.Heron@fairfaxcounty.gov or 703-476-4500.